CII is a professional body dedicated to supporting insurance professionals career development.
The CII’s purpose is to ‘Secure and justify the confidence of the public’ in its members and the insurance sector as a whole. It aims to do this through setting standards of integrity, technical competence and business capability.
The CII delivers multiple choice question-based exams, online, via Kuwait Re Knowledge Hub testing center.
This includes Award and Certificate-level units, Diploma units R01-R05 and some Diploma in Insurance units, which are tested using a mix of online exam and coursework assessment.
Introduction to Insurance (W01 Award in General Insurance)
– Understand the nature and main features of risk and insurance 20.
– Know the structure and main features of the insurance market 22.
– Understand the main legal principles governing insurance contracts 42.
– Understand the main regulatory and legal principles applicable to 14 the transaction of insurance business.
– Know key.
Insurance Claims Handling Process (IF4)
– Understand the general principles in the claims handling.
– Understand insurance products and associated services.
– Understand claims consideration and administration.
– Understand claims handling procedures and related claims services.
– Understand claims handling systems.
– Understand claims settlement.
– Understand how expenses are managed.
Insurance Underwriting Process (IF3)
– Understand the material circumstances relating to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand underwriting procedures relating to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand insurance policies in relation to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand renewals and cancellation in relation to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand personal insurances in relation to the insurance underwriting process.-
– Understand commercial insurances in relation to the insurance underwriting process.-
– Understand the main ‘support’ type insurance services available.-
– Understand underwriting considerations in relation to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand the principles and practices of pricing.
– Understand pricing factors within the context of the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand managing exposure within the context of the insurance underwriting process
Commercial Property & Business Interruption Insurances (M93)
– Understand the risk and control of fire, theft and other contingencies to property and business interruption.
– Understand the cover provided by and main practices of property insurance.
– Understand the cover provided by and main practices of business interruption insurance.
– Understand the underwriting of property and business interruption insurance.
– Understand how property and business interruption insurance claims are handled.
Insurance Law (M05)
Insurance law is the practice of law surrounding insurance, including insurance policies and claims. It can be broadly broken into three categories – regulation of the business of insurance; regulation of the content of insurance policies, especially with regard to consumer policies; and regulation of claim handling.
– Overview of Engineering covers are available
– What underwriting considerations for each cover should be considered
– Where claims arise in connection with engineering covers.