CII is a professional body dedicated to supporting insurance professionals career development.
The CII’s purpose is to ‘Secure and justify the confidence of the public’ in its members and the insurance sector as a whole. It aims to do this through setting standards of integrity, technical competence and business capability.
The CII delivers multiple choice question-based exams, online, via Kuwait Re Knowledge Hub testing center.
This includes Award and Certificate-level units, Diploma units R01-R05 and some Diploma in Insurance units, which are tested using a mix of online exam and coursework assessment.
(W01) Award in General Insurance
– Understand the nature and main features of risk and insurance 20.
– Know the structure and main features of the insurance market 22.
– Understand the main legal principles governing insurance contracts 42.
– Understand the main regulatory and legal principles applicable to 14 the transaction of insurance business.
– Know key.
(IF3) Insurance Underwriting Process
– Understand the material circumstances relating to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand underwriting procedures relating to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand insurance policies in relation to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand renewals and cancellation in relation to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand personal insurances in relation to the insurance underwriting process.-
– Understand commercial insurances in relation to the insurance underwriting process.-
– Understand the main ‘support’ type insurance services available.-
– Understand underwriting considerations in relation to the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand the principles and practices of pricing.
– Understand pricing factors within the context of the insurance underwriting process.
– Understand managing exposure within the context of the insurance underwriting process
(IF4) Insurance Claims Handling Process
– Understand the general principles in the claims handling.
– Understand insurance products and associated services.
– Understand claims consideration and administration.
– Understand claims handling procedures and related claims services.
– Understand claims handling systems.
– Understand claims settlement.
– Understand how expenses are managed.
(M67) Fundamentals of Risk Management
– Understand the meaning of risk
– Understand the role and purpose of risk management
– Understand the core elements of the risk management process
– Understand the different categories of risk
– Understand current trends in risk management
– Understand the position of insurance within risk management
– Understand the key risk management lessons learnt from major loss events
(M80) Underwriting Practice Exam
– Understand key influences of the regulatory and commercial environment on underwriting
– Understand key aspects of underwriting policy and practice
– Understand how statistical data is used for underwriting
– Understand the principles and practices of risk pricing
– Understand risk exposure and control
(M93) Commercial Property & Business Interruption Insurances
– Understand the risk and control of fire, theft and other contingencies to property and business interruption.
– Understand the cover provided by and main practices of property insurance.
– Understand the cover provided by and main practices of business interruption insurance.
– Understand the underwriting of property and business interruption insurance.
– Understand how property and business interruption insurance claims are handled.
(M92) Business & Finance
– Understand the structure of the insurance profession
– Understand the management of insurance businesses
– Understand the main aspects of corporate governance
– Understand the role of the various functions within insurance organizations
– Understand accounting principles and practices and their application
– Understand the main characteristics of insurance company accounts
– Analyse businesses using financial ratios
– Understand the financial strength of insurance companies
(M05) Insurance Law
– Understand the nature and sources of English law and the concept of natural legal persons
– Understand the principles of the law of torts and the characteristics of the main torts
– Understand the law of contract
– Understand the law of agency and its application to insurance
– Understand the main principles governing the formation of insurance contracts
– Understand the classification and interpretation of insurance contract terms, the effects of their breach and other vitiating factors
– Understand the main legal principles governing the making of an insurance claim
– Understand how losses are measured and how the principle of indemnity applies to insurance claims
– Understand how the principles of subrogation and contribution apply to insurance claims
– Know the purpose of, and the parties involved in, reinsurance
– Understand the different types of reinsurance
– Understand the features and operation of facultative reinsurance
– Understand the features and operation of proportional reinsurance treaties
– Understand the features and operation of non-proportional reinsurance treaties
– Understand the design and placement of reinsurance programs
– Understand legal issues relating to reinsurance
– Understand reinsurance contract wordings
– Understand the main features and characteristics of the principal reinsurance markets
– Understand the principles and practices of different classes of reinsurance business
– Overview of Engineering covers are available
– What underwriting considerations for each cover should be considered
– Where claims arise in connection with engineering covers.